1. Leonid Kogan International Competition for Young Violinists is open for violinists of all nationalities. The Competition will take place in Brussels (Belgium) from 12 to 21 May 2020 in the Concert Hall of the Cultural Center (Rue du Gaz 83, 1020 Bruxelles, Belgique ). The competition is organised by asbl Violin Virtuosi.
2. The competition runs in four categories:
1st Category: for participants of 9 years old and less at time of competition (born after 12/05/2010);
2nd Category: for participants of 13 years old and less at time of competition (born after 12/05/2006);
3rd Category: for participants of 17 years old and less at time of competition (born after 12/05/2002);
4th Category: for participants of 23 years old and less at the time of competition (born after 12/05/1996).
3. The competition is open to the public.
4. Pieces chosen by the candidate must be approved by the jury and be part of a published directory.
5. The deadline to apply for the competition is the 15th April.
6. No modification of the program is allowed after 15th April 2020.
7. All pieces must be performed by memory.
8. The jury is composed of internationally acknowledged musicians.
9. All compositions must be represented by a score. Participants are obliged to provide themselves with the necessary scores ( including the piano part ) as well as to know the whole repertoire of the competition.
10. The names of the finalists will be proclaimed after the end of the performance of all candidates from the same category. All finalists receive a diploma.
11. All results are likely to be published on the website or social networks.
12. The finalists must perform for free at the laureates' concert which will take place on 21 May.
13. The association reserves the right to use photos and videos taken during the competition at the end of promoting its actual and future events, and publish them on its website or social networks.
14. Travelling and accommodation expenses are the responsibility of the candidate.
15. The association reserves the right to amend the rules in the interest of the competition.
16. Participation fee:
1st Category: 80 €
2nd Category: 80 €
3rd Category: 100 €
4th Category: 100 €
To be paid on the following account: asbl Violin Virtuosi - IBAN: BE82 3630 6151 0568. BIC: BBRUBEBB
(mention « Violin Virtuosi 2020 » and name + first name of the candidate).
17. The candidates must register via the form and attach his/her photo for the program. Registration must be done before 15th April 2020. Any incomplete form could result in the cancellation of the application.
18. The jury has exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disagreement. Its decisions are final and can not be contested. It may possibly be decided not to award a prize in one or another category.
19. The Jury President of the International Leonid Kogan Competition for Young Violinists will have the second voice, if necessary, in which case he will make the final decision.
20. Conditions for accompaniment: the competition proposes several piano accompanists.
Participation fee: Cat 1 & 2 = 70 €; Cat 3 & 4 = 100 €.
Payment must be made at the same time as the payment of the registration fee.
21. The registration fee and the fee for the accompaniment can not be refunded.