Due to the global outbreak of COVID-19, the General Administration of the Leonid Kogan International Competition For Young Violinists (4th Edition) has decided to split the Competition in two groups to make sure that young musicians are not negatively impacted by this difficult situation. Furthermore, the age limit for all Categories will be moved to the 31st of December 2020.
Therefore, candidates of the 1st and 2nd Categories will exceptionally perform via online recordings, sending the link of the YouTube uploaded video to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to kindly remind you that the video/s must be recorded exclusively for the Competition. Please note that the video must clearly show both hands and face of the candidate in one take, fixed angle and no edit or cut, and it is recommended to make a professional or high quality video to ensure the quality of the material presented to the Jury.
Links and applications must be sent before the 25th of June and the decision of the Jury will be communicated before the 5th of July. The candidates of 1st and 2nd categories need to send 80 euros on the Competition’s account. All participating candidates will receive a participation Honor Diploma from the Competition and the laureates will receive an additional Laureate’s Official Diploma.
The best laureates of the 1st and 2nd Categories chosen by the Jury will be invited to perform at the Gala Concert that will happen on the 30th of October.
Regarding the 3rd and 4th Categories, the deadline to apply for the Competition is the 10th of October and auditions will be postponed to the 24th of October until the 30th of October included.
We kindly ask all candidates to read carefully the "Rules" section of the website for further information and regularly check in case of any changes.
We are at your service via email for any inquiry.
Thank you for your understanding,
The Leonid Kogan International Competition for Young Violinists General Administration.
1. The Leonid Kogan International Competition for Young Violinists is open to violinists of all nationalities. The Competition will take place in Brussels (Belgium) in the Concert Hall of the Cultural Center (Rue du Gaz 83, 1020 Bruxelles, Belgique ). The competition is organised by the A.S.B.L Violin Virtuosi.
2. The competition runs in four categories:
1st Category: for participants of 9 years old and less at the time of competition.
2nd Category: for participants of 13 years old and less at the time of competition.
3rd Category: for participants of 17 years old and less at the time of competition.
4th Category: for participants of 23 years old and less at the time of competition.
3. The competition is open to the public.
4. Pieces chosen by the candidate must be approved by the jury and be part of a published directory.
5. All pieces must be performed by memory.
6. The jury is composed of internationally acknowledged musicians.
7. All compositions must be represented by a score. Participants are obliged to provide themselves with the necessary scores ( including the piano part ) as well as to know the whole repertoire of the competition.
8. The names of the finalists will be proclaimed after the end of the performance of all candidates from the same category. All finalists receive a diploma.
9. All results are likely to be published on the website or social networks.
10. The association reserves the right to use photos and videos taken during the competition in order to promote its current and future events, and publish them on its website or social networks.
11. Travelling and accommodation expenses are the responsibility of the candidate.
12. The association reserves the right to amend the rules in the interest of the competition.
13. Participation fee:
1st Category: 80 €
2nd Category: 80 €
3rd Category: 100 €
4th Category: 100 €
To be paid on the following account: asbl Violin Virtuosi - IBAN: BE82 3630 6151 0568. BIC: BBRUBEBB
(mention « Violin Virtuosi 2020 » and name + first name of the candidate).
14. The candidates must register via the form and attach his/her photo for the program. Any incomplete form could result in the cancellation of the application.
15. The jury has exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disagreement. Its decisions are final and can not be contested. It may possibly be decided not to award a prize in one or another category.
16. The Jury President of the International Leonid Kogan Competition for Young Violinists will have the second voice, if necessary, in which case he will make the final decision. The President of the International Leonid Kogan Competition for Young Violinists is responsible for all artistic and musical questions.
17. Conditions for accompaniment: the competition proposes several piano accompanists.
Participation fee: Cat 1 & 2 = 70 €; Cat 3 & 4 = 100 €.
Payment must be made at the same time as the payment of the registration fee.
18. The registration fee and the fee for the accompaniment can not be refunded.